Next program begins on February 15, 2017
The AGC San Diego Chapter “Construction Project Management Certificate Course” consists of twenty six 4-hour sessions, or 104 in-class training hours.
Since 2005, the PM Certificate Program of the AGC San Diego Chapter has evolved into a standard of excellence. Bright, determined, students “on the grow” are stimulated with contemporaneous training that reflects and augments their daily experiences. A wide array of relevant topics are taught by industry professionals. From pre-construction planning to project closeout, this course travels the natural path of construction projects to reinforce exceptional project management practices as well as the soft skills required to excel at a higher level.
Learning Objectives / Outcomes
- To facilitate learning, growth and confidence.
- To equip every student with the ability to surpass expectations of peers and superiors as they excel in their chosen career path within the construction industry.
- Allowing the rapid changes within the construction industry to guide continued program development ensures that the program will never be static.
- Utilizing industry professionals to teach from their experience and perspectives ensures that topics are presented with the greatest possible level of authority.
- Engaging young and old, inexperienced and experienced in group dynamics ensures that participants will learn from fellow students as well as from the front of the room.
- Exposure to a wide range of thought and methodology ensures the companies sending personnel that their companies will benefit from their people learning about the industry from a deep and wide knowledge base.
- Being repeatedly placed in the shoes of the “other side” ensures a balance and respect necessary to engage in effective project management suited to this century.
List of Session Topics (AGC San Diego Chapter) :
- The ten goals of every Project Team – Team Building – Team Dynamics
- Alternate Project Delivery Systems – Design Build – IPD – Lean
- Design Team Dynamics
- The Distinctions of a Great Project Management System
- Communication and Presentation skills for PMs
- Pre-construction Planning / Partnering
- Construction Contracts
- High Profile Projects
- Conflict Resolution
- CPM Scheduling
- Procurement – Constraints and Consequences
- Effective Negotiating in the Construction Arena
- “Reaching for Greatness”
- How a Construction Company Really Works
- Earned Value Management and Budget Control
- Management reporting and Key Performance Indicators
- Project Documentation
- Mastering the Public Works Arena
- Time Management and Technology
- BIM – Building Information Modeling
- The Great GC / Subcontractor Debate
- Practical Use of the CPM Schedule and Short Interval Planning
- Effective site management and Equipment Utilization
- Quality Control – and Working with the Navy
- Effective Change Management – Change orders and claims avoidance
- Project Closeout
begins February 15, 2017