Not scheduled at this time
Many Contractors are watching as the Design-Build phenomenon encompasses more project opportunities.
This seminar answers important questions and unlocks the ‘mysteries’ of the Design-Build project delivery system. Participants will be equipped with valuable knowledge necessary to engage in this broadening arena of construction.
- Who can be a Design-Build Contractor?
- How can we get involved as a Subcontractor?
- Do we have to embrace this delivery system to stay competitive in the market?
- How does it really differ from other delivery methods?
Here’s what is covered in this seminar:
Design-build . . . It’s Here!
- What is Design-Build? – Major differences from other delivery systems
- Who is using Design-Build and to what extent?
- What are the benefits? – How does it ‘deliver’ projects?
- The RFQ / RFP Process
- Who determines the design criteria?
- Is there a negative side to Design-Build? The down-side of Design-Build
- How do subcontractors get involved?
- How does the Owner select a Design-Build firm?
- Getting on the short list – Qualifications / experience / ability
Legal issues, contracting and risk
- What are the legal risks?
- How are risks managed?
- Insurance and bonding
- Contracting within a Design-Build delivery system
- Understanding a Design-Build contract
Design-Build – Embracing a new Paradigm – Lessons being learned
- How conceptual estimating is used to estimate the price for a RFP
- Getting committed, collaborative players
- Working together as ‘partners’
- Quality Control within the Design-Build model
- Scheduling / Phasing and other logistical concerns
- How common documentation processes are affected
- Integrated project delivery and BIM as it relates to Design-Build
- Separating wants from needs – Creating maximum value within the budget