This one-day course is designed to serve as the core course of AGC’s Prevailing Wage/Davis Bacon Certificate Program. It focuses as much on the HOW of California Prevailing Wage/Federal Davis Bacon Compliance as the WHY. Officials from government, an apprenticeship program, and a fringe benefits program help present this important day of learning.
Davis Bacon Act Requirements
- Why Davis Bacon?
- Relationship to State Prevailing Wage Laws
- Reporting Requirements
- Federal Compliance Enforcement
- Penalties for Non-Compliance
- Applicable California Labor Codes
- Making sense of the Bureaucracy
- Differences between the State and Federal requirements
- Private projects using public funds
- Subcontractors and Prevailing Wages
- Reporting Requirements (Forms and Reports)
- State Compliance Enforcement
- Common Issues
- Travel Time
Wage Determinations & Worker Classifications
- What is a Wage Determination?
- How are Workers Classified on Prevailing Wage Projects?
- How to access and understand Federal Wage Determinations
- How to Access and Understand State Wage Determinations
- Record Keeping – Daily Time Sheets
- What to do When Workers Perform Many Tasks in the Same Day
- When in Doubt?
- Petitioning for Labor Classifications
- Working with Labor Compliance Programs
- What is a Labor Compliance Program?
- Third Party LCPs
- Why so much Difference?
- Learning to work successfully with any LCP
The use of Apprentices on Public Works Projects
- What is an Apprenticeship Committee?
- Requirements for the use of an Apprentice
- Where to find Apprentices (Registered Apprentices)
- What are Fringe Benefits?
- Who Pays Fringe Benefits?
- How are they Paid?
- How are they distributed?